The model and role of manufacturing marketing department has changed completely by digital age. Today, a complete digital strategy is very important. Social media, SEO, and content marketing have entered the marketing line-up and have replaced many traditional practices. Still, some companies struggle as they get used to new marketing environments, and its inter-related channels. Such companies tend to manage their digital marketing in a traditional way.
Very few companies can afford traditional marketing, while digital marketing is open for all. It creates a foundation for small & medium sized enterprises to compete with established businesses. There are different ways to advertise within any budget. One can track the return on each dollar spent and then change or alter campaigns accordingly. The campaign reach and size can be increased or decreased as per the requirement. You have complete control over whether you want to market to global audience, a city, or a region. As digital marketing offers direct interaction with customers, it can help manufacturers to get referrals, sales leads, and product feedback through social media monitoring.
According to a source, in 2013, India’s GDP had mere 15% contribution from manufacturing, whereas services contributed 56.9%. Once Make in India campaign gains impetus, it will bring opportunities as well as challenges for manufacturers. Thus, in upcoming years digital marketing would be a need for manufacturers.
Here are top 5 reasons, which explain the need and importance of digital marketing strategy for manufacturing companies:
- Rise in Google Searches: Every year Google searches are increasing incessantly. According to Internet Live Stats “Google now processes over 40,000 search queries every second on average, which translates to over 3.5 billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide”. If a manufacturing company is missing a digital strategy, then it is very likely that the business will not be found online.
- Potential Customers are Carrying out Online Searches: Most of the customers search information about businesses online. In today’s world, if you want your business to get noticed, your manufacturing business should at least have a responsive design website, a blog, a call to action page, and social media pages. Prospective clients use all these channels to research about businesses that they want to work with or avail services from. Since referrals are useful, one should not ignore the need for a strong online presence. Digital marketing strategies not only help businesses get good rankings in Google, but also convert visitors into clients.
- Ranking on the First Page of Google: According to Velocity, 77% of people searching information on Google do not look past the first page. Thus, it can be said that if a manufacturing company is not ranking on the 1st page of the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), the company is losing out on 77% of potential customers. By studying feasible options, there are opportunities to get good results in terms of ranking on Google SERPs.
- Competitors Ranking in Search Results: Enter keywords related to your business in Google search, and check if you can find your company’s website on the first page. The results on the first page are of companies that offer similar products and services as you. This is because your competitors have a good SEO strategy. It requires planning, time, strategy and implementation of content creation to rank well. For ranking well in the search results, you have to make sure that your content is better and more optimized than your competitors.
- Brand Awareness: When you employ a digital strategy that is aligned with your business goals, you can increase the brand awareness of your business, which attracts a larger audience. A manufacturing company is recommended to have a digital strategy for capturing online traffic and then converting this traffic into business.As said earlier, you cannot expect results in one or two days by doing SEO. It is a continuous process in which you need to interact with your target audience, know their interests, and foster loyalty in them for your brand.
- Increase in Sales: When utilized all the digital strategies correctly, it can successfully convert leads into customers, increase sales, and promote your company in a cost-effective manner.
To conclude, digital marketing is not a genie in a light that you rub today and all your advertising wishes are satisfied by tomorrow. However, one thing is sure digital marketing for manufactures can conquer any hindrance between Baby Boomers and Adult Millennials.