10 min read
We’re living in the digital era where even the most critical decisions are taken over the Internet and mobile apps. From the business perspective, digital competitiveness and adaptation of the latest technology is no longer an option or choice but a necessity.
According to a survey, the annual number of app downloads worldwide is likely to touch 299 billion by 2023, which is an up from approximately 247 billion global app downloads in 2020.
Given that applications today serve as the fuel for propelling business, it’s important to understand the two most common app making approaches– native app development and cross-platform app development.
The two approaches differ from each, with their own sets of strengths and limitations. To figure out which one is better for your business, let’s dive into the basics of the two.
As a web development and mobile app development company in Pune, the IKF truly understands the role of choosing right platforms & apps for generating desired results. Hence, in this blog, we’ll try to throw somelight on the native app and cross-platform app so that you can make an informed choice.
Tips to help you choose the perfect app framework for your business!
What is a native app and what are its advantages?
Native Apps are primarily the apps developed for a particular platform, say iOS, Android or windows. The native mobile app promises an excellent user experience in terms of the appearance & feel of the application. As it can employ the primary smartphone hardware elements like GPS, camera, microphone, etc, the developers have greater scope to add more capabilities and features to the apps.
- Offline functionality enabled
- High speed
- Optimized performance
- Higher application security
- Limited bug risks
- More intuitive and interactive
When to consider native app development?
Native app is best for those who want an app that is
- Highly responsive and fully functional.
- Ideal for catering for a specific set of audiences (when you know exactly which device your target customers use like Android only/ iOS only).
- Apt for upgrades and improvements -advanced features like AR/VR, games etc are easy to install while maintaining a smooth user experience.
- Compatible with all phone resources and operating system features.
What is cross-platform app?
Cross-platform app development refers to creating a single code base app that can run on multiple platforms of smartphones including Android and iOS. According to statistics of a report, over 98% of the mobile users in the world use either Android or iOS as their core operating system. Hence, its a smart option for entrepreneurs to go for solution like cross platform app that can satisfy the needs of both groups.
Pros of cross-platform app
- Quick development
- Easy app support and maintenance
- Easier to target larger customers at one go.
When to choose cross-platform app?
Following are some of the situations where cross-platform apps emerge to be the winner.
- When you want to tap several markets without having to create separate apps.
- When you are looking for a quick and cost-effective app development option.
- When your requirement doesn’t include complex animation or extensive calculation operations.
- When internet connectivity is not an issue.
- When your need is restricted purely to information or content distribution.
If the above content has helped you make up your mind in favor of any of the apps, our purpose is rightly served. But if still confused over the battle between native app VS cross-platform app then place your trust in the team of experienced web developers at IKF – the leading mobile app development company in Pune. We understand that every business has its unique set of requirements and challenges to address. Hence, we offer tailored solutions including native and cross-platform apps that perfectly meet the unique needs of each enterprise.
For more details book a free consultation with our experts today!