Is your business a start-up? Are you a five year old company who’s bottom-line is looking up? Is your ecommerce business growing exponentially?
In which phase of the growth cycle is your business? When you know where your business is today, you can decide where you want to be in the future. What you need to achieve that, though, is the right technology platform.
Read on to know which platform may be the right fit for your business.
Due to steep competition and demand for ever-increasing customer convenience, ecommerce portals are innovating at a great pace, offering powerful features on their platforms.
Since the last year, some major changes has happened in the ecommerce domain. For one, mobile has leapfrogged ahead of desktop in product searches. Two, social media is said to influence the buying decisions of 74% of online shoppers.
Now, if you are an ecommerce startup, you’d do well to go for a ‘mobile first’ approach, other than giving shoppers the ultimate convenience of shopping directly from their preferred social media channels.
Let’s take a look at some of the technology platforms that are popular today. You can too go for the one that best suits your online business needs.
If you are a start-up with the usual conventional requirements, Shopify would be the ideal platform for you. Based on your requirements and budget, you can choose from different packages. Though, if you have unique features and functionalities, it will be better to look elsewhere.
- 100+ professional themes created by world renowned designers
- Mobile commerce ready shopping cart
- Work with experts to customize your store from ground-up
- Comes with full blogging platform
- Search engine optimized
- xml is automatically generated
- Customer profiles are at hand
- Customer accounts creation at checkout to encourage repeat shopping
If you are looking around for an ecommerce platform that fits your business need, than Opencart may be the perfect one for you – a fast-growing and well-known platform. There may be several reasons to choose Opencart. Some of them are listed below:
- Simplicity: Opencart’s beauty lies in its simplicity and easy to understand interface.
- Lightweight: This is the most lightweight ecommerce platform with all ecommerce features.
- Low on resources: It doesn’t need heavy server configurations to run the website.
- High speed: It is fast by default even without cache management and CDM integration.
- East to Learn: It is easy to learn and imbibe.
- More shipping and payment methods: There are more shipping and payments method for you to choose from.
- Easy to understand and modify: Its code is easy to understand and modify as compared to other systems.
- More free and paid modules: More modules mean you can add more features in the system which is present by default.
- Own official store: It has its own official store to list both free and paid modules.
- Help forum: Help is always at hand at its official help forum.
- Low development cost: Development cost in Opencart is comparatively low than other ecommerce sites.
Magento is considered to be the right ecommerce platform for enterprise-level merchants who are looking to expand substantially with a large volume of products. The complexity of the store set-up hints that the platform is not right for beginners.
- It is SEO friendly, from search-friendly URLs, Google site map, meta information for products, categories and content pages.
- Internationalized support for localization, multiple currencies, tax rates, accentuated characters, right to left text etc.
- Huge number of built-in eCommerce web shop features, support for both multi-site and multi-domain set-up.
- Architecture is extremely modular allowing deep customizations of both frontend and backend.
- Expert consulting group which is not free but highly important.
- Security is taken seriously with Magento EE having Secure Payment Bridge.
- Magento Connect is the world’s largest eCommerce application marketplace.
Whether you are big, medium or a startup enterprise, talk to someone like us at IKF. We being the best website design agency in India can guide you in choosing the right technology platform for your ecommerce store – by first understanding in-depth at what stage your store is on the growth curve and then suggesting the right platform that covers every business requirement.