11 min read
Are you aware of the fact that the first five results on Google get 67.6% of all clicks? Only 0.78% of the users click on the second page for their searches.
That’s the reason why staying on the first page of Google is of prime importance.
While several factors help you reach the top spot on Google page, effective SEO strategies is one of them that needs special mention.
When we talk of SEO, it’s the on-page SEO (using keywords, optimizing Meta descriptions, HTML code, alt tags etc) that people often relate to for online visibility. But, if you ask digital marketing experts, they will endorse off-page SEO (link building, social bookmarking etc) with equal fervor for boosting Google page ranking.
Being the CEO of a digital marketing & SEO agency in India, the IKF, I, Ashish Dalia often come across clients who find off-page SEO concepts complex and tedious. Well, on a strategic level they are right. Hence, hiring SEO specialists who can guide through the challenging job is recommended.
If you are seeking to get started with off-page SEO, here is a checklist that will provide you a trusted roadmap.
8 Off-Page SEO Tactics that can Improve your Page rank
1) Link building in SEO is something you can’t skip: Building high quality links improves your chances to get noticed on Google. It is the process of acquiring hyperlinks from other websites to your site. If you have a new website or brand, link building can help to broaden your domain authority & grow valuable external link signals. It can also serve as an effective tool to get the word out about your new site.
Offering SEO services in India, our expert team adopts a holistic approach that includes assessing number of links to a site, number of pages with most links, number of domains linking to the site and more. These are some of critical factors associated with your backlink profile which when managed wisely can make your site more trustworthy in the eyes of the users.
2) Get accustomed to social Bookmarking: It is a great way to promote your brand on major search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and more. All you need to do is simply tag your website and save it in high ranking social bookmarking sites. As an SEO expert in India, we can assure that bookmarking can make your products more visible.
This is how it works - in social bookmarking, people’s bookmarks are made public so that their friends and contacts can visit the same websites, if interested. So, if your site is bookmarked by many people & listed on social bookmarking sites, it will attract new users and will help you build new social connections.
3) Be active on discussion Forums: Forum websites offer a platform for online discussions. You can sign up on these sites and submit your post on the relevant topics. Forums do not allow direct marketing hence, you must appear to be a genuine participant with meaningful content. Add your link in your signature at the end of a post. It will help generate backlinks to your site.
4) Go for guest blogging: Blogging is the preferred route to attract traffic with bare cost. By offering some good blog posts for other sites to publish, you can reach many more people. The new readers may like to visit your site or landing page and become your subscribers, thereby contributing to lead generation.
5) Update local citation and directory profiles: Use trusted local citation sites and directories, like Google My Business, to accentuate your off-page SEO endeavors. Keep your company information updated across directories for wider reach. As an SEO agency in Pune, we suggest following tips for best results:
- Make a list of reliable directories and local citations sites
- Create a detailed profile or submit your website for consideration
- Update directory & local citation information regularly
6) Join question & answer sites: One of the ways to acquire high traffic to your website is to get connected with Question and Answer websites. Join popular question & answer sites like Quora, Yahoo answers etc that rank higher on Google. Look for questions related to your business, blog or website and provide relevant answers. Make sure to give a link to your website to attain more visibility.
7) Encourage reviews/feedbacks: It is said that one happy customer can lead to 9 more referrals. Customers prefer to read reviews and accordingly make their purchase decisions. Hence, customer feedback acts as a powerful agent that can influence your potential customers.
This is not all. Reviews also affect your search engine result by signaling Google about the authority of your website or business. It is on these grounds that digital marketing veterans suggest -assigning space for reviews, replying to genuine reviews, sharing positive reviews with the audience etc.
8) Use social media to broaden your brand: Social media engagement is a major Off-page SEO technique that can make your brand popular. If you want your business, website or blog to grab the eye-balls, it’s essential to engage with people on different social media platforms.
As a leading digital marketing company in India, we firmly believe that strong social media presence can get you more quality backlinks and reinforce your brand image. Social campaigns and guest blogging are some of the ways to make your brand prominent and help grow your business.
Start working through this off-page optimization checklist to begin improving your rankings. However, keep in mind, there are many more tactics you can employ.
To learn what exactly can work best for your niche, get in touch with the IKF- SEO Company in Pune & Mumbai. Our team will ensure you make the most with our partnership.