10 min read
In the year 2018, many medical and healthcare websites witnessed a sharp fall in their SERPs. This sudden change took many by surprise. But, soon it was clear that the latest Google algorithm EAT had a role to play in it.
So, what is exactly EAT algorithm? Well, EAT is the Quality Rater Guidelines of Google that was introduced to tighten the quality parameters of the available content. The latest algorithm update significantly changed the pattern of the ranking of websites in SERP.
EAT stands for:
- E – Expertise
- A – Authoritativeness
- T – Trustworthiness
According to Google, a web page content that has the potential to influence an individual’s health, financial stability or safety comes under EAT scanner. The first major industry that was brought under EAT was medical and healthcare as these websites can have a great impact on the users using them.
Healthcare websites and EAT
As per the Google guidelines:
- “High E-A-T medical advice should be written or produced by people or organizations with appropriate medical expertise or accreditation.
- High E-A-T medical advice or information should be written or produced in a professional style and should be edited, reviewed, and updated on a regular basis.”
Some of the top SEO services for the healthcare industry suggest the following tips to earn a good EAT score:
- Include expert credentials so that it is easily available for the patients or website visitors.
- Create precise, high-quality content.
- Update content for accuracy.
- Create links to other authoritative sites.
Improve SERP through expertise, authority and trust
- Improve the authority of your website by mentioning the names of experts or authoritative persons who are creating the content. The author’s expertise is a vital factor for assessing the EAT score. You can add contact details or other business contact information on the web pages, landing pages, or product/service pages.
- Emphasize personal branding. Use social media profiles in building third-party endorsements & reputation in your industry. A sound branding of your content writers can help improve your SERP.
- Make a list of blogs and articles that do not come under the category of expert content. Refresh them and make more valuable additions that users would like to read and share.
- Consider the purpose of each webpage. Plan and post authentic and valuable content by specialists accordingly.
- Focus on building a trust-based relationship with the users as Google gives a lot of weightage to the websites that enjoy credibility. Avoid using tricks like clickbait titles or adding unnecessary CTAs just to lure visitors into buying.
Keeping a track of the changing algorithm of Google and adapting to it is a challenging task. To ensure your website doesn’t get impacted adversely by such updates it's best to get professional help. Hiring reputed digital marketing agencies that specialize in SEO &are abreast with all the latest industry trends and algorithm updates can help you stay ahead of the curve.
Partner with IKF – the best digital marketing agency in Pune to improve your EAT score and rank high in SERP!