4 min read
As we all know LinkedIn is a professional networking site, it allows professionals to establish connection within their known and prospective connects.
Hello, my name is Ashish Dalia. I’m a passionate digital marketer here at I Knowledge Factory Pvt. Ltd; today I’m going to share my experience about how to grow your LinkedIn network. I’m assuming, you already have a LinkedIn profile. It doesn’t matter that you have a few or countless connections. However, everyone wants to expand their outreach, isn’t that right?
Now, there are a few basic techniques I think we should cover it first. LinkedIn is the only portal where professional across the globe are registered.
Building connections on LinkedIn is a simple task; however, on the other hand it’s the most tedious task as well in case you are not aware of the basic hygiene of using this platform.
Below I have listed few ways to increase your connections;
- Have your own professional and eye-catching LinkedIn profile. Many times people ignore fields which are not compulsory. My recommendation is to have at least 90% of your profile complete on LinkedIn. It is one of the best surefire ways to get noticed and make the best use of it
- Check how your LinkedIn profile appeal to general audience by opening your profile in Incognito mode. Customize your LinkedIn URL; for instance, here is link to my profile for your quick reference – https://in.linkedin.com/in/ashishdalia
- Once you complete your profile on LinkedIn, you’re most likely to appear on search results. A complete profile adds more depth to your profile, as people can peep into your profile; see your job history, your education, your interests, your qualifications, etc. This is really useful if you’re adding someone on LinkedIn with whom you never interacted before or has a tenuous connection to you but share similar interests
- Moving on, LinkedIn does have some really great functionality when it comes to importing contacts. So if you are active on Webmail or Gmail or Outlook, you can actually import those contacts directly into LinkedIn. If your contacts already have their profiles on LinkedIn, then it will auto-connect you with them. Again, in the initial stages of having your account, this is indeed a great way to grow your network quite significantly. All you need to do is get started with searching & adding connections from following categories of people you might be knowing –
- Your School, College and work mates, they are most likely to be excited to connect with you immediately
- Synchronize phone contact and Email Id details with LinkedIn which will allows you to access related contacts immediately
- Start sending invitations to people you may know and interact with them on frequent basis. These people could be your Social, Professional, colleagues, classmates, tuition mates, college buddies, customers, people whom you met before or still in touch with
- Don’t SPAM… Yes, in this case LinkedIn would block you. If LinkedIn blocks you it is difficult to claim your account back. Be Cautious about it. People typically under excitement and enthusiasm forget this basic thing and land up losing account
This will be the foundation for your connections on LinkedIn. And the more you grow your Connections, the more people you’re connected with through multiple or indirect connections.
- You have one beautiful feature on LinkedIn which say’s who viewed your profile. Keep tab on who is viewing your profile and if you feel you are sharing mutual interest then don’t shy away from sending an invite to them. Sending a personal note to connect is advisable compared with auto-default message which LinkedIn sends
- Check your connections regularly and see what all is happening in their professional journey, get yourself updated and get engaged through one-to-one communication
- Join your interest groups on LinkedIn, this will allow you to connect with unknown people operating from diverse geographies. This will help you to build a like-minded community
- There are number of groups on LinkedIn which you can join. Converse and try to engage with people, this is a very harmless way to grow your network and will serve you well in the future. It might also help you to build a reputation for yourself within that particular group or industry. But we need to keep that group active and engaged on daily basis
- Vice-versa, you can create your own group, ask and add people who want to join the same
- Finally, get the recommendations from the third party to keep you abreast of recent development. This isn’t too hard to do, but its well worth doing
Recap for your quick reference:
- Have a strong professional profile created on LinkedIn
- Start building your network
- Join and own multiple groups
- Endorse your network and get endorsement.
If you would like to know more about LinkedIn and how to grow your network through it or anything else to do with search engine marketing,
Visit Our Website: www.ikf.co.in.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IKFDigital
Like us on Face book: https://www.facebook.com/IKFDigital