If you are a hardcore inbound marketer, you’ll understand the value of good content and link building in driving traffic to your site. Guest blogging or guest posting acts as a tool to attain these objectives. It’s an amazing way to grow your audience, expand your email-list and improve your ranking on search engines.
As an SEO agency in Mumbai - the IKF also confirms guest blogging as a way to earn backlinks – one of the most significant factors in Google’s ranking algorithm. However, there are some recommended steps that you need to follow in order to get the maximum out of the guest posting strategy.
If you are new to guest blogging or guest posting and not sure how to go about it, then here is a comprehensive walkthrough of the concept that will guide you:
What is guest posting
“Guest posting,” is the practice of writing a post or content for another company’s website. It’s like earning a placement in another's platform. It is based on a mutual benefit marketing tactic, wherein each party tends to gain.
Every business needs fresh content that can drive more page views. When you provide meaningful content that aligns with the publisher’s selling mission, they are most likely to publish it. On the other hand, when your content gets published you get exposure to a larger, relevant audience and also the opportunity to build relationships with peers in the industry and boost your domain authority through link building.
It’s like a two-way street — where you earn something by giving out something. So, if you decide to hop on the guest blogging bandwagon, you must also consider featuring posts by guest bloggers on your own website.
How to guest post?
Lesson 1 # Create a prospect list: Search for a publisher or website that offers a chance to connect with a large volume of your target audiences. Now that requires you to go to sites that publish content similar to yours.
Bonus Tips: Here are few strategies to figure out which sites are likely to provide the best results:
- Ask yourself, “Who are my potential customers?” You can’t decide how to target your guest post unless you are sure about who you’re trying to reach.
- Identify where your potential customers are present . What sites do they visit frequently? What blogs do they read?
- Conduct customer development interviews, search on Google for words and phrases your customers are likely to use, take help of audience intelligence tools such as analytics.twitter.com.
- Ensure the relevant sites accept guest posts. Browse their archives and see if there have been any guest posts published.
Lesson 2# Build an Authoritative Content: In a world where there is simply no dearth of content , it’s more important than ever to produce a piece that truly provides value. This implies content offering a unique, informed perspective – filled with valuable insight for your prospects. To ensure your content is valuable to the readers, employ customer-centric tactics -learn about people’s problems and how you can provide value in solving them.
Bonus tips: Here are some useful tips endorsed even by top SEO services in India to help you decide on the content topics that are more likely to yield desired results:
- Figure out what content is performing well for your competitors
- Use keyword research to find out what people are searching for.
- Be active on Quora. Browse questions within your topic area, industry, or on the problem you are solving.
- Write blog posts to answer the questions with the most followers.
Lesson 3# Hone your pitch: The one big question that needs to be addressed is why the publisher should publish your content ? Place yourself in their shoes and evaluate how your content will contribute to their site . Think about topics and formats that can support their marketing objectives and simultaneously overlap with what you're selling.
- Try different formats including interesting infographics.
- Lean into keyword research on your pitch, showing them how some of their keywords need a boost to get ranked( ensure the terms overlap with what you are trying to sell).
- You can also offer some promotions like sharing the link on Facebook, twitter and so on.
Lesson 4 # Be persistent: Mark it, business is not just about your vision. It's a much broader concept that demands you to move out of self-centered marketing . Follow-ups and feedback are essential components of marketing. Sending follow-up mails could be annoying at times but it actually works. So, be patient when following up with an Entrepreneur. It might take some time but once you prove your credibility things will start to fall into place.
The above pointers are just a small part of an effective SEO tool kit. To learn how to grow your online network and influence, hire the best digital marketing agency in Mumbai - the IKF.